Thursday, 23 Jan 2014
Springboard cover Jan/Feb
In this issue we interview Tamara Mellon of Jimmy Choo fame about her role as a Business Ambassador. Tamara shares her experience in the fashion world and highlights what opportunities are available to British entrepreneurs.
With the Winter Olympics about to commence at Sochi, we explore further how Russia’s sporting events offer opportunities for British expertise. We also look at the increasing export opportunities in Mexico and Canada, whilst highlighting why the changing face of Africa is big news for UK firms.
Elsewhere we investigate how Thurrock has established itself as an arts hot spot, and why Warner Bros continues to see the UK as a key investment market.
With coverage of Cyber Security, the ongoing development of Battersea Power Station once again we have a full issue of information to help your company thrive
Springboard now on your iPad
You can now download every edition of the new look Springboard magazine to read for free on your iPad or iPhone. Simply visit the Springboard magazine iTunes page for more information or search for “springboard magazine” in the app store from your device.
Don’t forget that you can now read springboard, not only in print, but also online and on the iPad so that no matter where you are you can get the information that will help your global ambitions!
Register now to guarantee that you receive this valuable information delivered directly to your door every two months by visiting - http://springboard.managemyaccount.co.uk/.
Click on the ‘Apply for your FREE copy of Springboard magazine’ button at the top of the screen
Fill in your details
Our main aim is to provide the kind of information that will continue to help and encourage more companies to internationalise and, as such, we hope that you find this latest issue of interest and let us know what you think by emailing your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Read past editions of Springboard:
January/February 2013 - This issue, we explore the opportunities in Russia ahead of six years of major sporting events. We hear from the Ambassador to Panama on the fast-growing trade and logistics hub, learn more about the Baltic States which are still providing hotspots of European growth for UK firms and an interview with Brent Hoberman.
– This issue focuses on Western Canada, Food & Drink sectors and we have interviews with Samir Brikho, CEO of AMEC and our man in Korea discusses the Free Trade Agreement offers huge opportunites for UK companies.
– This issue highlights the opportunities for UK exporters in the rapidly expanding Indian market whilst closer to home we find out why the Netherlands offers a good test market as you look to grow your business internationally. Our lead interview is with Moshi Monsters creator, Michael Acton Smith, and features on the Oil and Gas sector, Jaguar Land Rover.
– This issue focused on the opportunities that major sporting events like the London 2012 Games have for businesses. An interview with Sir John Armitt, ODA and focus on opportunities in China and Brazil the previous and next hosts of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
– This issue highlights high-value opportunities in the rapidly expanding Malaysia market, and openings for UK exporters in Turkey. We explore why mid-sized businesses have the potential to generate up to £50bn for the UK economy, and interview Victor Zhang, UK CEO of mainland China’s biggest investor in Britain, Huawein.
– In this issue is an exclusive interview with entrepreneur and Dragon’s Den star Deborah Meaden she tells us why design can help the UK’s firms grow and prosper. With a regional report focuses on Brazil as it looks forward to hosting both the Olympics and the FIFA World Cup, and we find out from ‘our man in South Africa’ as to the potential for UK companies that exist in this vibrant country. We also speak to three British companies set to benefit from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
–In this issue UK Trade & Investment Chief Executive, Nick Baird, explains why he is upbeat about the prospects for UK exporters in 2012 We also examine why US conglomerate, GE, sees the UK as a key base from which to develop its cleantech markets following its involvement in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
– in this edition successful international businesses share their success with Springboard whilst we also speak to three companies who provide services that aim to help entrepreneurs more easily access the global market.
- Following the launch of the Coalition Government’s Trade and Investment White Paper in February, this edition concentrates on the strengths that the UK offers companies seeking to invest and the opportunities and support that exist for UK-based companies looking for new markets overseas